This is a follow up to PingCrawl which you can read about in full detail there. PingCrawl v2 fixes some of the main issues people reported including:
- php4 support
- more shared hosting friendly
- wp 2.7 / 2.8 support
- better hook management
- admin management
- auto blogging support
- seeding capability with manual override on custom tag
- if no tags are present on the post to use the title for the blog query (fixed in 2.3)
- feed protocol support for some shared hosting
- fixed simplexml object error rss (fixed in 2.4)
- integrity check to make sure all pingback links are unique and not re-used on other tags. (pending)
I am also planning out and building the admin interface to PingCrawl which should make this plugin more manageable.
Please leave all feedback, bugs – things that work well – things that don’t work well – and other comments in here. I will try to release the improved versions once a week for the next 3 weeks.
For those who are on php4 you will need the simplepie plugin, http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simplepie-core to use.
Download PingCrawl 2.08 (beta release)
Please note that the current build is in alpha. If you are using it, you need to unzip the directory into your plugins directory in WordPress. Then activate PingCrawl v2.
Filed under: PHP, PingCrawl, SEO, Uncategorized | 35 Comments
Tags: bluehatseo, crawl, ping, Ping Crawl, ping crawl 2, pingback, PingCrawl, pingcrawl 2, pingcrawl v2, pingcrawl wordpress, pingcrawl2, trackback, wordpress